Left: Johan Neethling manager of the BEE farm, Klipkuil donated the plums to make jam for the Zolani Bread Basket an Sandra Reichert, jam maker and our New Chairperson. View more about the Zolani Bread Basket
Middle and Right: Manie and Farouk Irving our new dance teachers. More about our new Teachers
Regarding teaching post for Dancescape South Africa January 2018
Dancescape South Africa (DSA) is looking for a dance teacher to start work in January 2018
The Applicant needs to consider the following criteria:
• To be able to teach Ballet to children from ages 4 – 18. It would advantageous to have teaching qualifications in an established form of dance such as RAD, DASA or Cecchetti.
• Teach as many other forms of dance as possible such as Jazz, modern, contemporary and African dance and martial arts.
• Speak Xhosa would be highly advantageous.
• Have had experience in teaching in underprivileged Townships in Southern Africa
• It would be advantageous for the candidate to have prior performance experience with a professional dance company or institution.
• Must be able to drive and have a valid driving license.
• Have their own car would be advantageous but not essential.
• Should be computer literate and be able to post news on social media related to Dancescape South Africa
• Would be required to conduct rehearsals and it would be advantageous to have had experience in choreography. Would be required to choreograph new pieces.
• Will be required to keep a register of all attending pupils and to write a monthly report on the teaching activities of that particular month.
• Must have a genuine love for teaching kids. Must have a genuine love for dance and the performing arts in general and have a vision of how the applicants teaching are going to affect the general community in the future.
• Must be willing to undergo an initial trial period agreed upon to ensure that the candidate is suitable and if the applicant is comfortable in this environment enough to continue working as a DSA teacher
Dancescape South Africa can offer the following salary:
• Initial trial period of 3 months or 1 school term a salary of R9000 per month.
• Once trial period is over R12000 per month for the remainder of the first year
• An 10% increase per annum for the next 2 years
Dancescape South Africa does, at this time, not include the following benefits:
• No bonus salary or 13th cheque
• Does not include accommodation
• Does not include travel costs outside our working areas unless when official DSA transportation is required such as transporting dancers to performances etc.
• Does not include food expenses.
• Does not offer a medical aid or cover any medical expenses.
Look forward to your reply
Mitya Sargeant (CEO & Administrative Director for Dancescape South Africa)