Latest News from Dancescape South Africa
"A Festive Celebration" on the 8th of December 2018
Dear readers. It’s been a fantastic year for Dancescape South Africa (DSA). This year we were able to support Lihle Mfene to pursue further training at the Cape Academy of Performing Arts and he will be joined by Lutho Zwedala next year. We employ two Resident Teachers and have recently added a Public Relations Officer who continues to do great work for us in the townships. We would be unable to do all of this without the kind donations of individuals from all around the world. This year our dancers won numerous awards at the Montagu Youth Arts Festival including the Best Dance Entry of the Festival 2018. We recently received the Winelands Mayoral Tourism Award for Best Special Project. To top the year up we will be showcasing our dancers at a performance called “A Festive Celebration” on the 8th of December at the KWV Building in Montagu. We invite you all to pack a picnic of your favorite eats and drinks and to join us at 4pm on that Saturday afternoon. Throw a blanket down and relax before the performance which will start at 6pm. Tickets are only R50 for Adults and R10 for children. Not only will you enjoy a fabulous evening of great dance but you will also be supporting us to continue our work for the benefit of the youth in the townships. Many of you have supported us and in particular Fiona Sargeant throughout the years. Fiona sadly passed away in 2017 and her wish was for the work that she started to continue. Only with your support will this be possible. For booking and more information please phone Mitya at 078 295 7879 or Patricia at 061 920 6940.
Dancescape South Africa a Public Benefit Organisation.
As a Public Benefit Organisation Dancescape South Africa allows donors, who make financial donations to DSA, the opportunity to claim Tax Benefits. Business concerns and individuals who make donations will be eligible to claim deductions in their tax returns.
With less than a month left until the end of this current tax year, we would like to appeal to you to donate to Dancescape South Africa. If you or your organisation donates, we will send you a section 18A tax receipt which will allow you to claim a deduction in your 2018 tax return.
To take advantage of this and to claim tax relief for the 2018 tax year you would need to make your donation by Friday the 23rd of February so that the banks can have it cleared by the 28th of February.
Please also consider loading a monthly or quarterly Debit Order for the 2019 Tax Year!
You can donate by an EFT or bank deposit:
Account name: Dancescape South Africa
Branch code: 334513
Account number: 4090224139
The Zolani Bread Basket
Dancescape SA is currently teaching children ballet in Zolani, every afternoon after school. Most of these kids do not have food. We all know without food, most kids do not perform as well as they could. We would like to ask people to get involved in donating money monthly in our local Spar account, where Mitya can then purchase bread as he needs it for the kids. If you would be interested, please send a message to Sandra Reichert on 082 843 8511. I will add you to a whatsup group, and send a reminder twice a month. A donation can then be made into the following account:
Route 62 Handelaars CC
Business Current Account
Acc. Nr: 071972595
Branch: Tyger Manor
Branch Code: 05 0410
Above: Johan Neethling manager of the BEE farm, Klipkuil donated the plums to make jam for the Zolani Bread Basket and Sandra Reichert has made the jam which will be used to make the sandwiches. Thank you both for your wonderful donation and contribution.
Regarding teaching post for Dancescape South Africa January 2018
Dancescape South Africa (DSA) is looking for a dance teacher to start work in January 2018
The Applicant needs to consider the following criteria:
• To be able to teach Ballet to children from ages 4 – 18. It would advantageous to have teaching qualifications in an established form of dance such as RAD, DASA or Cecchetti.
• Teach as many other forms of dance as possible such as Jazz, modern, contemporary and African dance and martial arts.
• Speak Xhosa would be highly advantageous.
• Have had experience in teaching in underprivileged Townships in Southern Africa
• It would be advantageous for the candidate to have prior performance experience with a professional dance company or institution.
• Must be able to drive and have a valid driving license.
• Have their own car would be advantageous but not essential.
• Should be computer literate and be able to post news on social media related to Dancescape South Africa
• Would be required to conduct rehearsals and it would be advantageous to have had experience in choreography. Would be required to choreograph new pieces.
• Will be required to keep a register of all attending pupils and to write a monthly report on the teaching activities of that particular month.
• Must have a genuine love for teaching kids. Must have a genuine love for dance and the performing arts in general and have a vision of how the applicants teaching are going to affect the general community in the future.
• Must be willing to undergo an initial trial period agreed upon to ensure that the candidate is suitable and if the applicant is comfortable in this environment enough to continue working as a DSA teacher
Dancescape South Africa can offer the following salary:
• Initial trial period of 3 months or 1 school term a salary of R9000 per month.
• Once trial period is over R12000 per month for the remainder of the first year
• An 10% increase per annum for the next 2 years
Dancescape South Africa does, at this time, not include the following benefits:
• No bonus salary or 13th cheque
• Does not include accommodation
• Does not include travel costs outside our working areas unless when official DSA transportation is required such as transporting dancers to performances etc.
• Does not include food expenses.
• Does not offer a medical aid or cover any medical expenses.
Look forward to your reply
Mitya Sargeant (CEO & Administrative Director for Dancescape South Africa)
Please deposit donations into the following account:
Account Name: Dancescape South Africa
Branch code: 334513
Account Number: 4090224139
For International Deposits please us the following Swift Code: ABSA ZA JJ